How to remove blackheads from nose safely is something anyone afflicted by this common dermal condition wants to know. This article will explain how to remove those dark spots at home as well as common medical treatment options.
- How to Remove Blackheads on Nose or Nose Blackhead Removal
- Squeezing Blackheads on Nose – Is It Safe?
- Best Way to Remove Blackheads from Nose Naturally
- How to Clean Blackheads on Nose
- How to Remove Blackheads from Nose At Home with Fuller’s Earth
- How to Remove Blackheads from Nose Permanently
- How to Eliminate Blackheads on Nose Fast with Honey
- Blackheads on Nose Treatment – How to Treat Blackheads on Nose
How to Remove Blackheads on Nose or Nose Blackhead Removal
Understanding the causative factors is the key to knowing how to remove blackheads from nose and chin effectively while preventing undesirable side-effects, including worsening of the conditions (or even causing scarring).
Blackheads result when skin pores get clogged by plugs of dead skin cells, excess sebum – natural skin oil – and bacteria. When exposed to the air, the mixture gets oxidized, turning its color to black. The resulting dark coloration gave blackheads their name.
In addition to nose, blackheads can appear anywhere else on the face as well on the back, shoulders, and arms.
Now that we know what causes blackheads, here are some powerful tips on how to remove blackheads on nose:
Nose strips: Nose strips are simple innovations that have widely been marketed for mechanical removal of blackheads. They are typically small Band Aid–like products that work by pulling the solid component in blackheads using a special adhesive.
All you have to do is to stick them on your nose, allow them to stay on for a specified time, and finally pull them off and with them comes out the blackhead grim. That may be disgusting for some people, of course, but that is quite an easy way to go about removing blackheads on nose.
Biore nose strips are the most popular brand of nasal strips. You may want to check with your local drugstore.
Commercial creams, serums, and lotions: Human quest to learn how to remove blackheads from nose (and face for that matter) has also seen a multitude of creams, serums, etc. formulated for the purpose. Just take a stroll down the beauty products aisle in your local grocery store or drugstore pharmacy and you will come across dozens such products.
Here are some of the products that you may want to try:
- Michael Todd
- Voila Natural
- Advanced Dermatology
- Revive Peau Magnifique
- La Prairie Skin Caviar
Squeezing Blackheads on Nose – Is It Safe?
Squeezing blackheads on nose the wrong way can cause the spread of bacteria on your skin as The Live Strong website notes. With that said, here is how to squeeze blackheads:
- Start by cleansing your face with a gentle facial cleanser and as much hot water as you can withstand to aid in reduction of facial oil. Choose an oil-free product for the purpose
- Moisturize the skin by applying a tick coat of moisturizing lotion or cream
- Apply a plastic wrap on your nose smoothly all over your nose, but of course leaving your nostril open 🙂
- Now soak a washcloth in hot water, wring out excess water, and then place it over the plastic wrap for 5 to 10 minutes to allow heat to dissipate into the skin
- With the tip of your index fingers covered with tissue, place the fingers at the very bottom of the blackheads and squeezing them gently by moving the fingers along against each other. Move the fingers back and forth to dislodge and squeeze out the grim inside the blackheads
- Finally cleanse the area with antiseptic solution
Best Way to Remove Blackheads from Nose Naturally
You may now be wondering what the best way to remove blackheads from nose naturally is as one of our readers inquired a few days ago. Well, the best way to go about it varies from one person to another. What works fabulously for one person may only give subtle results in another person.
You may nevertheless want to choose from among the following natural blackhead removal options:
The natural antiseptic properties of tomatoes are beneficial to acne and blackheads. Simply take a tomato, peel it off and then mash it into a fine paste before applying it to your nose overnight – rinsing it off with cold water the next morning – and you are good to go. It will not only dry your oily skin but also help reduce the appearance of those offensive blackheads.
Try Lemon to remove blackheads on nose
Lemon juice is yet another useful natural ingredient that can do wonders to those blackheads on your nose. To use this natural remedy, get freshly squeezed lemon juice and pour in it a couple pinches of salt, then stir. Now apply the mixture to the blackheads after washing your face with warm water. Rinse your face with warm water after 20 minutes or so.
Oatmeal + yoghurt + Lemon
Mix 2 tbsp. of oatmeal with 3 tbsp. of yoghurt and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir the mixture well with a spoon until well blended and then apply it on your face for 10 minutes. Finish by rinsing your face with cold water.
How to Clean Blackheads on Nose
It is also important to know how to clean blackheads the right way in order to help it reduce or go away completely while not making the condition worse.
Skin care experts recommend washing your face with a gentle oil-free cleanser no more than twice daily. You will especially want to consider washing your face when you wake up in the morning and before retiring to bed.
This helps to prevent or reduce buildup of oil on your face which is one of the factors that increase the risk of acne and blackheads breakout.
How to Remove Blackheads from Nose At Home with Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is a clay material that works great in eliminating excessing oil from the skin. It is very popular in India where it is also known as multani mitti. This is how to remove blackheads from nose at home using this remedy:
- Add 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth to some rose water and mix thoroughly to make a fine paste
- Apply the paste to your nose and allow it about 10 minutes to dry
- Finally rinse the paste off with water
You can as well use a mixture of almond oil and fuller’s earth to clear blackheads from your nose as follows:
- Grind several almonds and then mix the powder with enough water to make a fine paste
- Mix the paste with 2 tablespoons of full’s earth
- Apply the mixture to your nose (and the rest of the face if you want)
- Allow it 15 minutes to dry and then scrub your face in gentle round motions for 5 minutes or so
- Finish by rinsing your face with water
How to Remove Blackheads from Nose Permanently
Blackheads have a knack for coming back every now and then even and most measures only give temporary results. Permanent and more long-tern removal of blackheads lies in keeping the pores free of oil and dead skin cells as the Bona Fide Skin Care website argues.
The site suggests using a 2% salicylic acid solution, such as Salicylic Daily Exfoliator, to achieve this saying that salicylic acid aids in dissolving and balancing the production of skin oils while encouraging the exfoliation of dead skin cells.
After cleansing your nose and fail skin – preferably at night – apply the solution all over the blackhead affected and prone areas with a clean cotton gauze as per the instructions provided and then moisturize your skin with an oil-free product.
How to Eliminate Blackheads on Nose Fast with Honey
Honey has strong antibacterial and astringent properties that are useful for blackheads. You can eliminate blackheads from your nose, and the entire face for that matter, by using the following simple honey remedy:
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Mix the two ingredients in a small bowl
- Dab the mixture onto your skin and massage it in gently in circular motions using your fingers
- Continue doing so for 3 minutes and then rinse your skin with warm water
This will help to pull out grim and oils from your pores and reduce the appearance of blackheads
You can as well consider using this honey combination treatment:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (freshly squeezed), 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and a tablespoon of salt. Apply the mixture to the area of the nose or skin affected by blackheads and leave it on for 3 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
Blackheads on Nose Treatment – How to Treat Blackheads on Nose
As you may have already noticed, the entire article has so far concentrated on home remedies, but there are as well medical treatment options that may work for you in your quest to treat blackheads on your nose. Here are some of them:
- Dermabrasion – Mechanical removal of the top layer of skin – using a special ablative tool – to allow growth of new healthier skin.
- Medications – Blackheads can also be removed using over-the-counter as well as prescription medications. Start by talking to your chemist (pharmacist) about OTC treatments.
- Laser treatment – laser light can also be used to treat blackheads. The idea here is to use laser light to stimulate growth of healthy skin
- Chemical peeling – This blackhead treatment involves the application of a strong chemical to the nose or any other part of the skin for that matter to peel off the top layers and thus allow growth of new better looking skin layers.
You may also like
- Blackheads in Ear Causes, inside Canal, Big Painful, Behind Ears, How to Get Rid Remedies and Removal Ways
- Blackheads on Forehead Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, Myths, Treatments Remedies and Preventions
- 20 Best Scrubs for Blackheads Removal, Homemade, Commercial Brands – Garnier, Olay, Neutrogena and Murad
- Blackheads Strips Best Brands, Side Effects, How to Use, Make and Get Best Results from Pore Strips