Your Android phone or tablet could be malfunctioning. It could be because it has a virus, or it could be because it is corrupt from a faulty installation. The first thing you need to do, before you start panicking, is to know that there are steps you can take to fix an Android phone or tablet that has an error code 495, also known as BAD_REPLY.
Uninstalling an app is one of the most common troubleshooting steps. But for those who have a Google Play Store error code 495, they may lose access to critical apps like Gmail, Google Docs, Google Play Music, etc. The problem is that the error code 495 is not only a problem on the Google Play Store, but it is also a problem on Google Account. If you lose access to any of these critical apps, there is a chance that you will lose access to the other Google Apps as well.
If you have a problem with Google Play Store, then it is time to get help. Google Play Store offers lots of great features and games for your enjoyment, but if it stops working or gives you error code 495 error then you will be disappointed. So, you should contact Google regarding your problem and take help from Google Customer Service because they will be able to help you get your Google Play Store working properly.
Are you experiencing a 495 error code in the Google Play Store?
Don’t know what error 495 in Play Store is and how to fix it?
Don’t worry, this blog will help you solve 495 errors in Google Play Store?
Everyone wants to play games on their Android device. So it is possible to download games from the Google Play Store.
There are millions of games on the Play Store, and users can easily find the game they want.
Although there are many games on the Google Play Store where users can download or update their Android apps.
But sometimes users may encounter an error in the Play Store that prevents them from downloading or updating an app.
Google Play Store error 495 below.
In this article, you will learn more about the 495 error and how to get rid of it completely.
Google Play Store Error 495
In general, the error [application name] cannot be updated. Try again and if the problem persists, call the Help Desk (error code: 495).
This issue occurs when downloading an app or game from the Play Store over Wi-Fi.
If the download or update process is delayed due to connectivity issues, there are connectivity issues and as a result, the application stops performing tasks in the Google Play Store.
Cause of error code 495 on Google Play
There are several reasons why you may get a 495 error in the Play Store.
This error depends on the wireless network you are connected to and occurs when users try to download or install applications over Wi-Fi.
So we can say that the problem is caused by :
- The problem is caused by a bad Wi-Fi connection, as a good and stable connection is always needed to download and install an application. And if the wireless network is not very powerful, the installation or update of applications will fail miserably.
- Due to an error in synchronization with the servers, the update or download process cannot be performed correctly.
- In many cases, the connection to the Google Play Store is interrupted. You have to log in again because the system is not able to solve the problem by itself.
How do I fix Google Play Store error 495?
That’s right, no one wants to deal with bugs on their Android phone at any time and at any cost. Therefore, any problems or errors that occur must be corrected immediately.
Google Play Store bugs are a big problem because they prevent users from downloading and installing an app.
So, here I am offering you some of the best solutions to fix Google Play Store error 495.
Method 1: Clear Google Play cache
This is one of the simplest and most effective methods of correcting the 495 error, which works in other situations as well.
- First, go to Settings > Applications and open the list of applications.
- This is where you need to find and open the Google Play Store.
- Press Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Go back to the application list and look for Google Service Framework.
- Now clear the data again and clear the cache for this application.
- Finally, go to the Play Store and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Is this step not working for you? Continue with the next method.
Method 2: Change network connection
As you know, the 495 error occurs when updating or downloading applications, so it may be caused by a network problem.
While surfing the web works, you often have trouble logging into the Play Store and get a 495 error message.
Perform the following steps to correct the problem:
- First go to Settings > Connections
- If your device is connected to Wi-Fi, disconnect it.
- Connect your phone to mobile data and try to update the application. Once updated, complete it with mobile data
- To resolve the Wi-Fi error, restart the device and router, then reconnect to Wi-Fi. A new IP address will then be assigned and the error should be fixed.
Method 3: Resetting the application settings in the Google Play Store
Changing the app settings can solve the error 495 problem in the Google Play Store. Follow the steps indicated:
- Go to Settings and remember that different devices have different settings.
- After opening Settings, go to Application Manager or Apps and tap
- Scroll down and navigate to the section titled ALL.
- Under ALL, open the menu/properties and choose Reset applications or Reset application settings.
This process does not remove the app, it just resets these apps to correct error 495 in the Google Play Store.
Method 4: Deleting a Google Account
Deleting the Google Play Store account may fix the resulting error.
So there is nothing wrong with trying this method to get rid of the problem.
- First, go to System Preferences > Account > Google and then delete your Gmail account.
- Now go to Settings > Apps > All and search for Google Play Store.
- Click on it and find the Clear Cache and Clear Data options and click on them.
- Now press the Force Stop button
- Repeat the previous two steps for Google Service Framework and Download Manager.
- Then go to Settings > Accounts > Google and add your Gmail account.
- It is now time to reboot the device
- Set up the device correctly by adding an account and agreeing to the terms and settings.
- Finally, go to the Play Store and try installing the app to see if the bug is fixed or not.
If this method does not work either, continue with other methods.
Method 5: VPN set
- First, install the Hideman VPN app from the Play Store (if it works and if you’re lucky) or install the .apk file directly.
- Now open the application and select the United States as your country of connection.
- Here you need to click on the Connect button.
- Finally, open the Play Store and check if the error occurs again or not.
Method 6: Downgradein Play Store
If this doesn’t work, you should close the store and fix the 495 error in Google Play.
To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Search Play Store.
There you will find the Remove Updates option next to the Remove Data button. Press OK key to confirm.
NOTE – The Play Store will automatically update to the latest version later, and this is only a temporary fix.
Method 7: Use Android repair utility to fix error code 495 in Google Play Store
Many users want an advanced solution to get rid of this problem. In this situation, I would like to recommend you the Android Repair tool. Here is an advanced solution to solve Google Play Store error code 495.
Whatever is the cause of this error code, you can easily fix the 495 error code with this powerful tool. It has the ability to make your phone as normal as it always was.
Other bugs that can be fixed with this are : Android order error, Google Play Store error 910, Google Play Store error 924, Google Play Store error code 920, error code 505, error code 492, error code 491, etc.
So just use Android Repair and fix error 495 on Google Play Store on Android.
(*The free version only previews the recoverable files).
At last, I hope all these methods will help you to solve the error 495 Google Play Store. Many people already use these methods and they have worked for them.
Now it is up to you to apply the solutions described in this blog, and I am sure you will get rid of error 495 in Play Store and never encounter similar problems again.
The best and easiest way is to use Android Repair to get rid of 495 error code easily.
You can also contact us through our social media pages such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Luis is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking for solutions to problems with Android and iOS devices.When you have an error message like “Code 495”, you’re left scratching your head and wondering what’s wrong. So, what if we told you that there are 7 simple steps that will fix the issue? If you currently have this error on your Google Play Store, we have the solution for you. Look no further..
Read more about error 465 google play and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Error 495 in Play Store?
In this post, I will share with you 7 proven methods to fix error code 495 in Google Play Store. These methods can also be used to fix other error codes such as error 183, error 605, and error 37. Something keeps happening to me, and it keeps getting worse. Whenever I use my phone, I get the dreaded Error 495. It’s a well-known bug that plagues many Android users. The good news is, it’s easy to fix, and most of the methods below have been proven to work. Here’s how to fix error code 495 on your Android device.
How do I fix Play Store Error 495?
I’ve been working with the Google Play team to make it easier to diagnose and solve the issue of error code 495 . But as you can imagine, identifying what causes this error code is not an easy task. With that in mind, I’ve put together a list of the common scenarios that cause this issue, as well as some tips on how to get around it. There are a number of reasons why you may get this error in Google Play Store. It may also be caused by permissions, which are the reasons for the error. Google Play services is a part of Google Play Store, which is a part of Android operating system. If you are unable to get through this error, you can follow the steps listed below: **Disclaimer: This is a work in progress.
How do I fix a corrupted Google Play store?
Google Play is an amazing app store that allows users to download and install apps on their Android devices. However, the app store is not infallible. If you download an app and it doesn’t appear or work properly, there are several things you can do. Let’s take a look at two of the most common problems with Google Play and how to solve them. The latest version of Google’s just-released Android mobile OS, the latest major update to Android 4.4 KitKat, has been causing issues for a lot of users. It’s been the subject of a lot of criticism, with users complaining of crashes, lag, and bugs on both Nexus devices and non-Nexus devices, and even prompting Google’s Android engineering chief to comment that it was a “major failure.”