(Right) Turn off your Android phone without the need of powering it off, so you can use it anytime you want. Here are 9 ways.
Turn off your Android phone without the hassle of tapping the power button repeatedly. The fastest way to turn off your Android phone is to: Press and hold the Power button
Although you may not realize it, your Android phone may be tracking you. It may not be doing so maliciously but it can still be turn off, or at least turned off without having to remove the battery first.
If your power button doesn’t work for any reason, you can always turn your Android phone on and off. Here you will learn different ways to turn off your Android phone without using the power button.
Every phone has a dedicated on/off button to turn it on and off, whether it’s a landline phone or a smartphone. On smartphones, the power button can also perform other tasks, such as. B. Reboot, boot into the bootloader, make emergency calls, etc. But if the switch is broken or loose, it won’t work. In this case, you can no longer use the power key to turn the phone on and off. Don’t worry, here’s a guide you can use to solve this problem. Here’s how to turn off your Android phone without using the power button.
Although most Android phones have solid buttons, they are still prone to falls and other accidents. And if you have an older phone, the power button is more likely to come loose and not work. This is because the power buttons used in older phones are not of good quality or even in the right place. So, if you are in such a situation, you can follow this guide to know the other ways to turn off your Android phone without power button.
Turning off your Android phone without using the power button
If the power switch does not work, you can still perform operations using the power switch. In fact, there are many ways to turn Android phones on and off. In this guide, we will share methods to turn off Android phones without using the power button. Fortunately, there are several effective ways to address this problem. So familiarize yourself with all the methods and use the one that is easiest for you. You’re talking about simplicity: Let’s start with the simplest method.
Method 1: Turn off Android phone via settings
Some Android phones have a separate option to turn off the phone. So don’t worry if you ever find yourself in this situation. The shutdown option may be different for phones from different component manufacturers. In this case, check the phone settings. You can save time by following the steps below to turn off your phone without using the power button through settings.
- Open the settings of your Android phone.
- Now search for Power off or Turn off.
- All associated parameters are displayed (not all phones have this option).
- So when you find the option you want, click on it.
- This will take you to the main settings where it is located.
- Now click on the Power Off/Off option to turn off your phone without using the power button.
Method 2: Programmed power on/off to turn off Android phone
Yes, all Android phones have another option called scheduled on/off. You don’t have to describe it, because you already know the name. But you may not know how to use this feature. This feature can also be used to turn off Android phones without a power button. You can perform the following steps.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Now, find the schedule.
- The corresponding settings are displayed on the screen, one of the options is Enable/disable Calendar.
- Click on it and you will be taken to the desired settings page.
- You can now set the switch-off time (if you want to switch the device off immediately, set the time to the earliest time).
- After this time, the phone turns off without pressing the power button.
It’s very simple. This option will be available on most phones.
Method 3: Use a third-party application to turn off your Android phone
This is the most common method used by many users. It makes it easy to turn off phones without using the switch. These applications work in the same way as the power button. Just click on the app and you get all the options you’re used to when you press the power button. Let’s keep it simple and proceed in a few steps.
- Install a power button app from the Play Store. I use the Shutdown application.
- Now open the application and you will be asked to grant access.
- Click Ok and give access permission.
- Now go back and click on the application.
- The Exit, Restart and all other options are displayed.
- Press the Power off option to turn off the phone without using the power key.
I know most of you have already received one of these three effective methods. However, if you haven’t found the right method for your phone yet, check out the other methods in this list.
Method 4: Switching off the phone by the access function
Accessibility is one of the features that is present in all Android phones. It allows the user to easily access a number of important functions with a single click. It works exactly like Assistive Touch on the iPhone. Accessibility settings may vary between phones. Let’s look at Samsung phones first.
- Open the settings on your Samsung phone.
- Find and open the accessibility settings.
- Under Accessibility, open Interaction & Competence and activate the Assistant menu.
- A floating icon will appear, click on it and some options will appear.
- Press Phone Options/Switch Menu and the Power menu will be displayed. If you do not see the Phone option, go to the next page.
- Press Off to turn off your Samsung phone without pressing the power key.
Other phones :
If you have other phones like Vivo, Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, Xiaomi etc, you can use this method to turn off your phone without power button.
- Open your phone’s accessibility settings (accessibility search in settings).
- Now activate the Accessibility menu. You will find a text telling you how to access the input help.
- Open the Accessibility menu as described in the text.
- Then click Power, which displays the power options.
- Press Power off to turn off the phone without using the power key.
Message: On some phones, you must enable the navigation bar to use the accessibility feature. So make sure the navigation bar is enabled on your phone.
Method 5: Switching off the phone with ADB
ADB or Android Debug Bridge is a useful feature of Android that allows us to control our phones through a computer. This is a powerful mode on your Android phone where you can perform any action using different ADB commands. Fortunately, there is an adb command that allows you to turn off your Android phone without using the power button. So let’s go through all the steps.
- This method requires the correct set of drivers, so install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on the PC.
- To use ADB commands, you must also enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and enable Debug on your phone.
- Open the CMD or command window on your computer. Enter the following command to verify that the phone is connected to the PC.
- adb devices (for Windows)
- /.adb devices (for Mac)
- The above command displays the ID of your device. If it asks for permission to debug, allow it and run the command again.
- To turn off the phone now without using the power switch, enter the following command.
- Your phone is now switched off.
ADB is a powerful mode that allows you to perform various activities, such as. B. downloading apk, updating zip, etc.
Method 6: Switching off the phone with quick settings
Many OEMs offer the Disable option in the Quick Settings. A popular example is Samsung. Quick settings are a series of settings that can be called up with a single touch. Remember that not all phones have this feature. So check the steps to see if it is available on your phone. Let’s see how to turn off your Android phone without a power button using quick settings.
- Swipe down on your phone’s quick settings (use a downward swipe).
- Now look for the power icon at the top of the quick settings.
- Click on it and all the power options will open.
- Press Power off to turn off the phone without using the power key.
Method 7: Turn off Android phone with assisted touch
Assistive Touch is available as standard on some devices. It works like an iPhone. But unfortunately, most phones don’t have this feature. Don’t worry, we have another way to get Assistive Touch. Let’s see how you can turn off your phone without using the power button.
- Download the Assistive Touch application from the Play Store. Skip if your phone already has Assistive Touch.
- Open the application and enable the required permissions.
- In the application, go to the custom menu and place the Power option in one of the panels.
- Now go back and click on the support icon.
- The options are displayed on the screen. Press the power icon and the different power options will be shown on the screen.
- Select Power off to turn off the phone without pressing the power key.
Method 8: Re-assigning the power button to turn off the Android phone
If only the power switch is broken and the other buttons work, you can reassign the buttons. The power button is the most used button in everyday life as we use it to lock/unlock, turn off and turn on. So if your phone has a button that you don’t use often, you can change its function and make it the next power button. If you do not know how to reassign the keys, you can do the following
- Download the Buttons Remapper application from the Play Store.
- Open the application and grant access permission.
- Return to the application and activate the service with the switch.
- Now click on the + symbol and select the key you want to reassign, e.g. B. Volume down.
- Then select Power Menu under Action and press OK.
- Then press the volume down key and the boot menu will appear on the screen.
- You can now turn off your phone without using the power button.
Method 9: Using Bixby to turn off your Samsung phone
If you have a Samsung Android phone, this is very easy for you. You can use the quick installation method mentioned above. But for some reason, the quick-set method doesn’t work. So you can also use Bixby to turn off your Samsung phone without using the power button. This feature is not available in Google Assistant, so it only works on Samsung. Let’s continue with the steps of our last method.
- Set up Bixby on your Samsung phone. You can use this guide.
- Then hold down the side button. Hold down the key and say Turn off the phone.
- Bixby now activates the power menu.
- You can use the Power off option to turn off your Samsung phone without using the power switch.
Here are some ways to turn off your phone if the power button doesn’t work. These alternative methods are effective for Android phones. Let us know which method you prefer over the others. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comments section.
Check it out:The power button on the back on your Android smartphone is a crucial component that is used to turn the device on and off. But you can turn this button off, which will help stop you from having to press the button every time you want to power on or turn off your device. It’s also a useful feature if you’ve got a broken power button on your Android smartphone.. Read more about disable power button android without root and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I turn off my Android without the power button?
Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world, and it is also the most flexible. You can customize Android to your liking, and many of the settings are right at your fingertips. There is one setting in particular that many users end up tweaking. This setting controls the power button, and if you are one of the many people who left the power button on, the setting is probably turned off. Since there is no power button on most Android phones, turning them off is more difficult than with a phone running a different operating system like Windows or iOS. However, there are several ways to do it on Android devices. Here are some of the most popular.
How do I turn my phone off without the power button?
Experts say that there are many methods to turn off Android phone without power button. I’m just going to tell you the easy way, which I use myself. It’s a very simple technique that you can use to turn off phone quickly. The power button on your Android phone has a unique function: it can turn your phone ON when you press it down, and it can turn it OFF when you press it up. But how does this work in the background? And how can you disable the power button without rooting your device? The beauty of the Android operating system is the ability to customize the way your phone looks and feels just the way you want it, without having to change the way it works.
How do I manually turn off my Android phone?
There are some situations when you want to manually turn off your Android phone. For example, you might want to remove your phone from a meeting so that you don’t have to give up some of your privacy. You might also want to place your phone on airplane mode, so that no one can access the information in your phone. If you have a habit of leaving your phone on the charger, you might want to turn off its battery charge, so that it doesn’t run down the battery while it is charging. In this world of smartphones and tablets, we tend to rely on them regularly and often for both personal and professional use. In fact, most people use their phones twenty-four hours a day, and that can sometimes lead to serious problems. When our phones run out of battery, we panic. We assume our phones can’t be turned off, but that is not the case.
how to turn on your phone without the power button and volume button androidturn off phone without power button samsungrestart my phone without power buttonhow to turn on phone without power button samsungturn off phone without power button androidhow to turn off android phone without touch screen,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,turn off phone without power button android,how to turn off android phone without touch screen,unlock screen without power button android,how to turn on your phone without the power button android,disable power button android without root,how to turn on your phone without the power button and volume button android,turn off phone without power button samsung,restart my phone without power button